 Technic / 3082
Re: Another Technic Creation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 24 Nov 2000 16:17:03 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jennifer Clark writes:
John Jensen wrote:

Does this mean that the chances from ever seing one of her creations in .dat
format is nil?

The plans I have for my website are open ended - in other words, I've always
intended just to see how things go and put stuff on as the mood takes me.  What
the future form of the web site will be, even I don't know, although there will
certainly be more models there!

Something I've thought about in the past is having DAT files of various
mechanisms and small sections of models available for download - I've already
done something similar to this with the renders of the mechanics of the Bobcat
and excavator. Whether or not I ever put a DAT file of a full model online
remains to be seen though; only time will tell :-)

I think that John's question was more aimed at wether or not you're going to
start selling models as a Bricksmith.  Since Bricksmiths sell their designs
for a good chunk of change, it goes against good sense to put those same
designs on a website for free.

James