 Technic / 2970
Re: Another Technic Creation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 00:15:53 GMT

Martin Scragg wrote:

In lugnet.technic, Matthew Miller writes:
Martin Scragg <mnm@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
Why not have a new Technic range to include models of this complexity?  They
already have Starter and Advanced, so why not have an Expert range?

You mean some sort of "Expert Builder" line?

:) <http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?qc=lego/expertbuilder>

Exactly, they should bring this back to life.  The last set in this line was
in 1984, seems they could put more complex models in this range, maybe with
a slightly higher recommended age.  Maybe they should change the age ratings
to a complexity level, which is what is already implied by Starter and Advanced.

Actually, IIRC, "Expert Builder" was a synonym for "Technic", not a
classification thereof.

I'm sure that if Lego cared to, they could come up with the correct
terminology for it; what we want is beautiful, intricate, functional
models like the ones Jennifer Clark makes. I don't care what they call
them.

Mark Cogan    marq@arttoday.com                     +1-520-881-8101
ArtToday      www.arttoday.com