 Technic / 3583
Re: Another Technic Creation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 19:35:46 GMT

"A. Mark Wilburn" wrote:

p.s. considering the aesthetics of the technic models the both of you pump
out, any chance of either/ both showcasing some Model Team creations? (with
working steering (or more) of course)

You think my models need more chrome? :-)

Perhaps it sounds odd to say, but I don't actually have a "theme" in mind when
building; I just try to get the best (in my opinion) balance of mechanics,
functions, aesthetics and playability for that particular model. I received the
5563 Model Team racing truck as a present this Christmas, and while the appearance
is fantastic, and I thoroughly enjoyed building it, I doubt I would ever set out to
build a model with such limited functionality.

At this moment in time I also prefer more utilitarian vehicles, but that is not to
say that one cannot make them very detailed. I must confess to being a little
confused about what makes a Model Team model a Model Team model though. Is it
choice of subject matter? Does it have to be "flashy" with loads of bells and
whistles, or would a very detailed rendition of a standard machine also qualify?

Anyway, enough of this obscure philosophy; part of the reason I requested the 5563
for Christmas was to obtain some pieces and influence from the Model Team range, so
I suppose the answer to your question is "a guarded yes, but not to the extent that
the mechanics are compromised" :-)

Jennifer Clark