 Technic / 2966
Re: Another Technic Creation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 22:34:31 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
mattdm@mattdm.org (Matthew Miller) writes:

Lego should make this into a set.

I dunno about that.  Didn't someone here say that he/she found the 8480
Space Shuttle too difficult to build?

Given that LEGO sets are, after all, children's toys, I think they
should comprise fairly simple mechanics and construction, so that the
child building it gains confidence that he/she can build something
similar.  They should also encourage the child to experiment with own
designs, so that they can, after a while, build even more advanced
models themselves. • ..Snip..
While Jennifer Clark's models appear to be extraordinary great with
respect to design and function, I fear that they would be too
complicated to grok for a child in the Technic age bracket.

Why not have a new Technic range to include models of this complexity?  They
already have Starter and Advanced, so why not have an Expert range?

Martin