 Technic / 3084
Re: Another Technic Creation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 24 Nov 2000 16:32:54 GMT

Michael Edwards wrote:

Lancaster (Dam Buster) Bomber , using 4 props from the 8855,

Sounds pretty good - what sort of scale are you going to model it at?

SO out come the tape measure :-)

Alternatively, you could always buy an Airfix model to get the dimensions,
saving you a lot of boot leather :-)

I do have the problem of wiring the motors to the props, so far I have mange
the wings of the plane and four props. BUt they look bulky and not in the
style of these lancasters?, it's taking 4 old 9V motors and it is a hard,  I
can't think of another way of doing it?

Tobbe, who posts here, was also making another 4 engine prop plane (the new
version of the Hercules) so perhaps he'd have a comment to make here. I like
Duq's idea too, but you could always use standard axles instead of the znap
ones if you don't have any. The notion of having all four props driven from a
single motor in the fuselage appeals to me, since I imagine getting the model
to move even with four motors would be difficult.

How about modelling the bouncing bomb? If I remember correctly, the modified
Lancaster had a belt driven mechanism to spin the cylindrical transversely
mounted bomb before it was dropped. If you could get the spin and release
mechanism working it would be pretty cool!

I've got that "Dam Busters" tune in my head now...

Jennifer Clark