 Technic / 2993
Re: Another Technic Creation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 11:45:17 GMT

Bram Lambrecht wrote:

I usually build with form in mind first and then try to
incorporate some moving parts, but my stuff always ends up on the borderline
of moving/not moving/tearing itself apart.

I suppose therein lies the real trick - no doubt there are many ways to skin a
cat, but the way I usually approach this is to keep both things in mind all of
the time. Sometimes it is possible to "compartmentalise" each by settting
dimensional boundaries, or by seperation of function, i.e. on my crane the
chassis was load bearing but the deck and other exterior parts were purely
cosmetic. All I had to ensure was that the chassis and workings did not intrude
into the space allocated for the exterior parts.

It can be a real balancing act at times :-/

http://home.cwru.edu/~bxl34/

Nice webpage BTW!

Jennifer Clark