 Trains / 12415
Re: Another Legend dies....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 00:17:01 GMT

I think Ben is right. first of all, lego should stop juniorizing their new
sets, let alone their vastly popular train sets. i think the 9v train sets
were great, up until the 4560-or the US version the 4561. the 4559 looked
ok, but with alittle customizing and work, it could turn out to be a great
looking set.(in my opinion-with my MOC 4559). people wonder why Lego is
loosing money...and they dont have any idea. ill give you an idea why,
BECAUSE THE NEW LEGO SETS ARE TOO EXPENSIVE, AND KINDA SUCK. excuse my
language but its true. they are selling for more money, and have less
pieces. i look at older catalogs and wish every night that lego will have a
change of opinion, and start making better sets so everyone can enjoy and
afford them. as for a remake of the Metroliner in different colors,
especally the darker grey version that everyone and their mothers want lego
to bring back, IM ALL FOR IT!!! I myself do not currently have a 4558, and i
am looking for one in mint condition, but if Lego makes a newer,
unjuniorized one, ill be the first to buy it.
Maybe if everyone signs a petition to lego about making another METROLINER,
they will consider reproducing them. it could work. right? maybe if they do
listen to us and do reproduce the metroliner, it will occur to them that
unjuniorizing their sets will boost up sales 100%. its a win-win situation.
we're happy and their happy.
As for Ben, the owner of Bens World of ABS, and the member of the FGLTC, a
very respectible Lego Train Club, he is very helpful and kind. I had the
privilege to talk to him about making a new LTC, one for New Yorkers. He
gave me some great suggestions on how to fix my site. I am happy to talk to
him and other lego fans. please email me at RAZOREDGE442@aol.com with any
info on getting a petition started for a new Metroliner, and also please
check out my BRAND NEW LEGO TRAIN CLUB , the GREATER NEW YORK LEGO TRAIN
CLUB!!!!the web address is http://gnyltc.homestead.com/clubinformation.html
thanks and happy building. JOE