 Trains / 12377
Re: Another Legend dies....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 18:47:55 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Christian Gemünden writes:
Yes, another strange curiosity. On www.1000steine.de there is a lot of
discussion about the latest quality and many are upset about it. Could you
explain to me why the majority of Lugnet members does not care about that
extreme loss of quality - don't you care as much about the bricks?

Well, I don't know about a "majority" opinion, but I am a Lugnet member and
I think the quality control issue is a VERY big issue.  I am not so hopped
up about the issue of how the elements are actually molded, my bigger issue
remains the printing of elements.  I once noted some time ago that 18 out of
22 heads of the Defense Archer #4811 came to me misprinted, some were just
smudged whereas others were printed off the face so that the head had a
missing beard and such.  Getting replacements was no big deal, but they DID
want the misprinted heads back again!  I dunno...for my trouble I'd assumed
I could keep the heads and make some customs, but no!

The printing of the elements has been getting worse for some time too.  It
really must stop!

-- Hop-Frog