 Trains / 12350
Re: Another Legend dies....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 21:29:14 GMT

Ben,
Are changing your argument against re-releases from an issue of
collectability to an issue of quality control???

Yes, we have seen problems with production runs of train bases, some alleged
printing smudgy-ness on 10000 flags, Indian horses in the 10000 boxes, etc.
I'm sure these issues will be worked out over time. Big deal. If you get a
sub-par part, Lego has always been there to rectify the situation.

But are these production problems going to stop me from buying a 10001
Metroliner? No way.
Do I consider these quality problems major? No. They are very minor and will
be fixed, I'm sure.

And I'm sure Lego would be more than happy to send Christian a new maiden
mini-figure.

This is another typical example for the new Lego quality standard, which I • was
refering to

I have seen your pictures in Brickshelf, but I don't think there has been
much active discussion about quality control. At least in the forums I
follow (.general, .trains, .marketplace) (but feel free to direct me to the
threads if I'm wrong.)

The minifig is from the re-release of the Guarded Inn and
demonstrates why I really not will have to worry about new Metroliners at
all....

I don't get this point. What do you have to worry about with the new
Metroliners? That they will decrease the "value" of your collection?

Bryan

"Reinhard "Ben" Beneke" <r.beneke@tu-bs.de> wrote in message
Sorry for answering on my own posting, but I just have got an interesting
picture, which I have uploaded at brickshelf right now:

This is another typical example for the new Lego quality standard, which I • was
refering to. The minifig is from the re-release of the Guarded Inn and