 Trains / 12320
Re: Another Legend dies... ...changes to "new" metroliner suggested.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 14:47:30 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Lawrence Wilkes writes:

"Scott A" <eh105jb@mx1.pair.com> wrote in message news:GGKL2C.Loo@lugnet.com...

I have no problem with the "slight" changes you suggest. But those will
result in extra (slight?) development costs, and so may make other Legend
sets a little less likely. I cannot find a picture of the "new" metroliner
on Lego.com, but the changes I hope for a as follows:

No Transformer/PS - I have enough
No Track - I have enough
No motor - I have enough
Smaller box!

With those changes, we may save 30-40%?

Good ideas Scott (though there was no transformer in the Metroliner anyway)

I have never owned one which had its box, so I was not aware of that! I had
a MISB one once, but I sold it. I have now sold/traded all my Metroliners
and Clubcars as they were just too expensive to justify the amount required
to get a decent sized train. I am glad I sold them now!

Scott A

Given that you can purchase the rest at shop at home already (track, motor), then why not package it 'my own train'
style and let people add what they want, and/or not pay for stuff they already have.

No Track - should really read 'No Curves' :-)

regards
lawrence