 Trains / 12274
Re: Another Legend dies....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 16:08:18 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Erik Olson writes:
One thing Brad Justus said on Saturday was that LUGNET estimates of how many
Guarded Inns were being ordered were "way off" -- the point was that many,
many times more are being bought by parents of kids. Sales "went through the
roof" when the S@H catalog went out.
Some people think that LUGNET is the center of the LEGO universe.  I'd
compare us to a section of seats at a sporting event, with a couple of
hecklers making the most noise.  There might be 500+ seats, but only two
people trying to get the most attention.  Sure, we LUGNET AFOLs make a lot
of noise, but we're really a small part of the LEGO market!

I think it will also be true that for every AFOL who never got a Metroliner
before now, there will be a hundred kids who get one.
Speaking as a real 'train head', this *has* to be a good thing.  :-)

JohnG, GMLTC