 Trains / 12298
Re: Another Legend dies....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 23:32:46 GMT

Jesse Long wrote:
The new steam engine LEGO Trains sets can be bought in several colors but
since we are talking about rereleasing old LEGO sets, I think that people
should choose whatever colors that they want for their sets but in a
relistic frame of mind, that would cost the LEGO Company millions of dollars
to commit such an idea into action so we are left with what LEGO gives us so
if you want to pay more money for custom sets then get a second occupation
or go to a technical school.
I also believe I had made an arguement in the Space section of Lugnet about
rereleasing Blacktron and Space Police sets in the colors of either version,
such as receiving an Allied Avenger in the Blacktron I colors or a Renegade
in the Blacktron II colors or receiving set 6984 in Space Police II colors
or 6986 in Space Police I colors.  I believe that since LEGO has already
made these parts that it would not be too difficult for such an action to
occur in the LEGO Company.

Something Brad talked about that I haven't seen mention of is that he
wants to head towards more customization of sets. I don't think My Own
Train will be the last color customizeable set. He also mentioned things
"Chinese family dinners" (pick your train engine from column A, two cars
from column B, a caboose from column C, and a track layout from column
D, and get the whole shebang for less than the total cost of each item
purchased individually). He also raised the mosaic as another example of
customized sets. This was in response to a question about the "build
your own set" rumor which floated around a while ago. He was pretty
clear that they wouldn't be offering any "build your own set" piece by
piece any time soon.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com