 Trains / 12299
Re: August Surprise...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 00:09:05 GMT

Iain,

No need to apologize.  I was reacting to your post with a little humor (some
would say very little).  I think that it is best to handle a difference of
opinion and get a chuckle at the same time.  There are others who see
something posted of which they don't approve and flame you.  There are yet
others who wouldn't know a joke if it flew up their nose.  Either way,
ignore them, maybe they will go away.

To each his own, and I hope you enjoy the "train scene".

By the way, have you checked out Ben's Lego Train Page?
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/ben_abs.html  It's really
something.

Play well,

-BrewB

PS  I am in no way affiliated nor related to "Ben" Benecke.  I'm just a fan
of his work.

Rebel Transcanner wrote in message ...
"Stephen Altbacker" <brewbastrd@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

So maybe I am "beating a dead horse" with a little "subtle" humor.

When you have to explain a joke it is no longer "funny".  Explanation to
follow (if you "get the joke" please disregard).

Start Explanation:
I guess I just get a little tired when some one posts "Is this for real?
Does this mean...etc, etc...", every damn time the TLG comes out with
something new.  I thought it was painfully obvious that the new train • cars
are "REAL".  I don't know why people post "Is this true?" all of the • time,
so I made a few jokes about "Ben" Benecke and his April fools joke.
End of Explanation

Jeez, sorry. I'm relatively new to the train scene and didn't know.

   Iain