 Events / BrickFest / 448
Re: August Surprise...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 14:59:51 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.events.brickfest, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Demand curve is elastic... price too high, not enough units. Price too low,
not enough profit...

Wow, I am seeing in triplicate!

Sorry about that! Not sure exactly why the duplicate post blocker wasn't
working. I was posting from an airport payphone booth while waiting for my
email to finish syncronising so I could get back in the Southwest cattle
call line.(1) The connection was very bad and I may have hit submit multiple
times. Normally you will get a "oops you already posted this" message but
the browser crashed shortly after the last time I pressed submit, I think.

XFUT to admin.nntp... not sure there is a fix for this, or any reason to
worry in the long term, it's small beer, but want to let it be known there
may be a tiny hole in the tres nifty dup blocker on the web posting interface.

Again, apologies!

1 - never flying THEM again if I can help it! Blech. Stand in a line so you
get a card to board first, then stand in line again to crowd onto the
airplane, and then not having an assigned seat!!! How plebian.(2) I much
prefer waltzing on past everyone else in line, running over their toes if
they don't get out of the way and getting on the aircraft first with the
rest of the frequent flyers, and having a drink (nonalcoholic, drinking just
prior or during low pressure regimes is a bad idea healthwise) in first
class while I watch everyone else board, secure in the knowledge that MY bag
is safely ensconsed in the overhead.

2 - it's fine for tourists who are trying to save money, I suppose. But the
money saved is more than wiped out by the time wasted in my case. Blech.

++Lar