 Trains / 12241
Re: August Surprise...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 15 Jul 2001 17:23:21 GMT

Either you are trying to be funny, in which case you have failed because
beating a dead horse isn't humorous; or you are serious, in which case you are
astonishingly clueless and should refrain from speaking out on matters about
which you know nothing.

And even if you are joking, it is very subtle at best and can be misconstrued
through the 'net *very* easily.  People will miss your point and think you are
flaming Ben for real.  Ben is a great guy, and if I were him, I'd be pretty
annoyed with a post such as this.  This is how slander and innuendo start.

So please just apologize for your obfuscation and really "play well".

-John

Stephen Altbacker wrote:

This is another one of "Ben" Benecke's cruel jokes.  He is infamous for
"recreating" Lego catalogues and fooling the good people of the Lego train
community into believing they are real.  He is a very, very mean person.

Ben,

Please stop this hoax.  People are going to get hurt.  This is no longer
funny.  You are a very sick man!!!  This is worse than yelling "fire" in a
crowded movie theater!

All,

Apparently "old Ben" subscribes to the theory: "If you are going to tell a
lie, tell a big one; and keep repeating it - people will believe you if you
tell it often enough."

Never again!

Play well,

-BrewB  ;{>