 Trains / 12249
Re: August Surprise...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 15 Jul 2001 22:59:08 GMT

So maybe I am "beating a dead horse" with a little "subtle" humor.

When you have to explain a joke it is no longer "funny".  Explanation to
follow (if you "get the joke" please disregard).

Start Explanation:
I guess I just get a little tired when some one posts "Is this for real?
Does this mean...etc, etc...", every damn time the TLG comes out with
something new.  I thought it was painfully obvious that the new train cars
are "REAL".  I don't know why people post "Is this true?" all of the time,
so I made a few jokes about "Ben" Benecke and his April fools joke.
End of Explanation

That said, I also think that Mr.. Benecke's trains (MOC's) are much, much
better than some of these "new" train cars.  The caboose is lame, and, I
mean, who can't whip together a 10013  Open Freight Wagon with a few spare
parts from his/her own collection???

I apologize if my "humor" was not interpreted as such.

Ben, you da man!  (Trans.  Du bist der best!")

-BrewB