 Events / BrickFest / 456
Re: August Surprise...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 16:42:10 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Bryan Beckwith writes:

Why? LEGO(r) doesn't see it that way.

No?  When looking at the Metroliner box, I can clearly see at least half a
dozen minifigs which are clearly Town.

But the original box was badged Trains not Town... The metroliner had grey
1x4s in it, does that make it Classic Space?

LEGO(r) set up different themes, LEGO decided how to organize them. LEGO
decided that Town and Trains were different themes. It's gotten all muddled
up of late, but the original theme organization made sense.

LUGNET(tm) doesn't see it that way.

I do.  I am part of LUGNET.  Your statement is false. :)

LUGNET(tm), the entity, not "LUGNET users", so your claim is inoperative. :-)

You are posting to lugnet.trains and not lugnet.townandtrains because the
people who set up the newsgroups modeled the theme organization quite
closely. Rightly so, IMHO.

Bryan "gonna buy a Metroliner and build a town around it" Beckwith

Which is fine, but shows that you're a townie. I build townstuff as a
backdrop for trains rather than the other way round. The trains are the
players on *my* stage and the buildings are merely set decoration. To each
his own, though, there is no wrong way to do things.

Just wrong ways of speaking, which is why I jumped.