 Events / BrickFest / 475
Re: August Surprise...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 00:19:30 GMT

Good point.  The 6691 Monorail Transport Base is Space/Unitron, and the 6399
Airport Shuttle is Town/Flight yet both are monorails - similar to trains
(i.e. bi-rails?).

I think the Lego Group should be consistant.  The existing line of trains
ARE Town!

Play well,

-BrewB

Bryan Beckwith wrote in message ...
In lugnet.events.brickfest, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.events.brickfest, Bryan Beckwith writes:

Personally, I think of the Metroliner as being a town set.  Sure it's a
train, but trains are a part of town, IMO.

Why? LEGO(r) doesn't see it that way. LUGNET(tm) doesn't see it that way.

First of all, I just want to say that you sure are a touchy guy.  That • said,
on to my response.

Why? LEGO(r) doesn't see it that way.

No?  When looking at the Metroliner box, I can clearly see at least half a
dozen minifigs which are clearly Town.

LUGNET(tm) doesn't see it that way.

I do.  I am part of LUGNET.  Your statement is false. :)

I think the wording of my original post may be what you have an issue with.
I was careful not to capitalize 'town' or 'train', because I wasn't talking
about the Town line or the Train line.  All I was saying is that while the
Metroliner is a train (and part of Train), it looks to me like it would be
part of a town (not the Town line, but just a town/city).

Similarly, if LEGO were to produce an Old West era train, (maybe they have,
I don't know), to me it would be part of the wild west.  The train may be a
set in the Train line, but all I was originally saying is that it fits into
other lines as well.

In fact, I would be willing to go so far as to say that Train (the line) is
almost a supplement to other lines of LEGO sets.  A futuristic train would
be part of Space (the monorail is often used in Space setups).  An early
1900s era train could easilly be part of Adventurers.  An 1800s train could
easilly be part of Western.  Modern trains are easilly a part of Town.

I'm not saying that trains are any more or less
valuable/interesting/fun/whatever than other LEGO lines, but what would a
Train setup be without buildings, people, etc.?

Bryan "gonna buy a Metroliner and build a town around it" Beckwith