 Trains / 12366
Re: Another Legend dies....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 04:15:28 GMT

<SNIP!>

The only complaint/issue that I have with the Legends/re-issue/Direct
merchandise is that I have to figure out (a) what I want, (b) what I need
and (c) which will be unavailable to me later as a Direct purchase item?!?
I LOVE that the Guarded Inn is re-released, I bought four!  I love the parts
in them!  I NEED those colors!!  As for the Metroliner (etc.) in trains,
well, those NEW Trains (you know pick your color and design) and the NEW
cargo cars are the best new product out of LEGO in about 10 years!!  They
are original and allow me to build my train set with what elements I like,
not to mention the G-R-E-A-T parts assortment available from S@H!!!!!  I
could make a Train BETTER than the Metroliner!!!!!  Ha-ha-ha-ha!!!!  But!
Yes there is a but!!  It is this, the Legends Metroliner is a lot cheaper
than my alternatives at S@H and very well built.  Most of what I buy now is
for parts, so that is my only consideration with the Metroliner, is it worth
it?  Now if they had done the Airport Shuttle, no question would be brought
up of value!  You know, Collector value only matters if you have the
original model in the original box -sealed-.  But then, what is the point?
As a LEGO unbuilt is no LEGO and of no real value, unless a nut wants to buy
it mint and build it!  I am such a nut who must decide where to put his
money, and I'm a-leanin' way over to the NEW Trains and a little away from
the Metroliner re-do.  What I really want to know is how this Limited
collector series of Pirate sets is going to be available, and for how long?
That gives me lots to consider, and I find myself scaling back retail store
purchases in favor of Direct product.  If LEGO would offer more original
sets, I might be more excited.  The Metroliner just doesn't *excite* me like
the Guarded Inn did, as the parts are all in my bins with all the new bulk
items available.  And those NEW Trains are nifty keen-o!!
2-cents,
-Aaron-