 Trains / 12323
Re: Another Legend dies... ...changes to "new" metroliner suggested.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 16:29:12 GMT

"Scott A" <eh105jb@mx1.pair.com> wrote in message news:GGMH36.4qo@lugnet.com...
I have never owned one which had its box, so I was not aware of that! I had
a MISB one once, but I sold it. I have now sold/traded all my Metroliners
and Clubcars as they were just too expensive to justify the amount required
to get a decent sized train. I am glad I sold them now!

Well, I havent sold any of mine.
But then they are all played with
I did buy a MISB set for £70 (including a MISB transformer too) not long ago, and promptly opened it!

I have 3
1 bought new
1 bought in bits, and gradually put back together, though still missing one rare piece
1 as described earlier
Plus I have aquired extra windows and doors in trades.

So whilst they will no longer command the value they may once have, I havent lost any money either.
I doubt I will be buying a new legend one. No need. Though some more doors would be nice.

And as for club cars, well I was lucky enough to buy them on clearance at the Entertainer for £14 each.
Wonder what they will be now?
Looking at the other sets, my guess will be around £25
I might buy a couple.

regards
lawrence