 Trains / 12311
Re: Another Legend dies....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 03:15:31 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.trains, John Gerlach writes:
In lugnet.trains, Erik Olson writes:
One thing Brad Justus said on Saturday was that LUGNET estimates of how many
Guarded Inns were being ordered were "way off" -- the point was that many,
many times more are being bought by parents of kids. Sales "went through the
roof" when the S@H catalog went out.

That proves that more sales are generated by the catalog than by people reading
lugnet.  It *doesn't* say anything about the people making those purchases.
Who knows whether it's parents, kids or AFOLs placing the orders?

Good point. Brad only talked about how it was kids "directing" their parents
to buy, shortly after the context of juniorized sets.

I don't have a problem adjusting to being in a minority, because we've been
coddled lately. LUGNET however has allowed the illusion that we really are
all that important and more.