 Trains / 12428
Re: Another Legend dies....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 12:03:06 GMT

"Alexander Johnston" <Areas-4@excite.com> writes:

There might be some minor packaging differences

The new sets tend to come out in black/white boxes with new set
numbers.  I think that is beyond minor differences.

but the set itself should be exactly the same compared to the 1992
Metroliner.

We will probably see differences in minifig elements (when was the new
torso and head introduced?) as well as differences in stickers or
patterned parts.

There are also some elements which change over the years, so it will
probably be possible to tell the new set from the old one.  Typically,
minor details such as hollow vs non-hollow studs tend to change from
time to time on certain elements.

Fredrik