 Off-Topic / Fun / 6754
Re: TLG and "Seeding"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 17:21:19 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

In lugnet.general, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:

--Todd (not implying that spotter bricks don't make building easier)

Thanks for clearing this up.

Help me out: was that last bit straight or ironic?

Were those my only two choices? :-) I didn't find it all that hard to parse,
it is only at [not level]2.. I've seen Todd do 5 or 6 without breaking a
sweat, and he's wasn't even BORN in Boston.

Yea, Todd's done a pretty good job of adapting and learning to "speak
the language very well" (1)

(1) Extremely obscure Boston (well, actually Cambridge, got to get your
cities straight, can't have hoity toity folks from certain universities
getting mad because you've over generalized their location) related
reference there...

For a slight hint, there's a song which makes fun of the fact that US
English isn't necessarily understandable from one part of the US to
another...

Interestingly, the other day, out local (Raleigh NC) newspaper had a
comment by someone which reminds one of another thing by the same
author. The person was complaining that for all the representation one
of our senators was giving us, Massachusetts might as well have three
senators... (quote from above author "After all, Massachusetts is the
only state with three senators." - partial credit for knowing what this
is in reference to even if you have no clue who I'm quoting).

Another clue since my birthday is tomorrow is that all of these
performances are technically "before my time", though the author did do
stuff in "my time" (extra extra credit if you know what the stuff in "my
time" was). You should be able to determine how old I will be tomorrow
from Lugnet posts, in fact, it should be determinable from this post and
one of my posts to a lugnet.year newsgroup.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com