 General / 28256
Re: TLG and "Seeding"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 23:06:47 GMT

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:

Moreover, I re-read Jake's comments and I didn't think he was saying much
more than this: "modeling has advanced". He's right, it has. Compare the
ideas in the first train book with what is doable now. A lot of it is due to
special purpose parts, parts which came about because they were developed
for one line or another. Some people like blocky cars and ships, which is
fine, but I like to use all the shapes the palette offers me. Are we very
far ahead (in the palette) now from where we were in 1995? Probably not. But
we are way way way ahead (in the palette) from where we were in 1980.

Larry (et. al), sorry to take so long to get back to this thread. I have
been in all day meetings.

Yes, that was exactly my point. I truly apologize for kicking off Standard
Rant #1 (Town Jr. discussion). I really would like to discuss this more in
depth, but will take the course I should have taken this morning and just
not bring up something that I know would kick off a juniorization discussion.

I also want to make sure that it is understood that I am two things:

- an AFOL
- an employee of LEGO Direct

When I post my own personal opinions, I do so as an AFOL. (Thus the
seperation of Jake and TLC footer)

When I post company news, updates, etc, I do so as an employee of LEGO
Direct. (Thus the official footer)

If my views happen to run in line with something that TLC has said before, I
ask that no one automatically assume that I am "hand selling the company
line". Please understand if I just drop this before we go any further,
despite being told to defend myself or else.

And thanks for helping me out in my absence Larry!

Jake
LUGNET Member #211
(Just another AFOL on the search for more and more parts and ideas)