 General / 28233
Re: TLG and "Seeding"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 18:32:52 GMT

I agree with your points here, but I would still say that
the 6407,
being a Town Jr set, is aimed at a different crowd than
the 672.  That
makes them difficult to compare.  It's a bit like
comparing a Duplo
set with a System set.  Not quite, but you get the
general idea.

Besides, I don't think it makes sense to compare the 6407
with the
more expensive 672.  Compare 6407 in stead with 602,
which is
probably in the same price range:

    http://guide.lugnet.com/set/602_1

Now, which set is better or more playable?

Indeed. Outside of the minifig, it it not that great. Both
of them really lack the entusiasm as the 1980's early sets.

Of course I agree with people that the Town Jr line is
bad as a Town
line.  But I think that people should take into
consideration that
they are not designe with the same crown in mind as the
earlier Town
sets.  If people don't like juniorized sets, they should
simply don't
buy them.  I feel pretty confident that one can build
nice town MOCs
from the parts selection available from other sets.

Town Junior has some good parts, which can make for better
MOC's, Chris Leach does a good job, among others. I think
most of us feel that the Town line died in 1997, when City
Center came about. I feel that TLC did substitute Town
Junior / City Ceneter in for Town. That Town Junior / City
Center naming still bug me. I think that is where most of
the disagrements and bitterness comes from. I think if they
had two different lines would have been better, for the
younger and older crowd. Now that both of them are gone,
hopefully TLC can turn it around. I share most of the
feelings of people posting on this earlier.

Did TLC ever say anything about the advent of a Town
advanced line perhaps?

it is a sad thing to see, but I hope they can turn it
around, and make something better than their previous
attempts. the train sets, the SW sets, and the bulk packs
are a great direction, and I hope to see more in this lines
in the future.

Scott S.