 General / 28249
Re: TLG and "Seeding"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 21:29:38 GMT

In lugnet.general, Duane Hess writes:

If I want bad sets with a bad color scheme,
I'll wait until they are in the discount bid. Where is TLC's profit there?

TLC makes the same amount of money on a set you buy from the discount bin as
they do on a set you buy off the shelves of the same store the day it first
comes in.

What buying from the discount bins *does* do, on the other hand, is send the
store a message that this particular item was not very popular (well, assuming
there are lots of them that get the discount) and over time that can lead to
the store buying less and less from TLC, or stopping altogether.

eric