 General / 28250
Re: TLG and "Seeding"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 21:31:35 GMT

In lugnet.general, "Kevin Loch" <kloch@opnsys.com> writes:
I think the marketing department needs some help.

Agreed!

Every time I hear "our market testing shows that kids and parents
want juniorization" I am amazed at how large the gap between
marketing and reality is.

Ya, I meant it in juxtaposition with the comment to which it was
replying...i.e., that I belive the reason for the off-color elements is more
driven by marketing/costs/etc. than by ease of building.  I've seen 2x2 red
plates stuck needlessly in the middle of a cockpit brick, for example --
that didn't help make the model easier to build -- it just made fewer cool
color elements in the model.

--Todd