 General / 28231
Re: TLG and "Seeding"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 19:17:50 GMT

In lugnet.general, Fredrik Glöckner writes:

I agree with your points here, but I would still say that the 6407,
being a Town Jr set, is aimed at a different crowd than the 672.  That
makes them difficult to compare.  It's a bit like comparing a Duplo
set with a System set.  Not quite, but you get the general idea.

I'd say that comparing 6407 to 672 is comparing 2 sets that were marketed to the
same demographic group a generation apart.  All things being equal, the newer
set is less satisfactory because it does not make good use of two-decades worth
of development and craft in designing a model.

If people don't like juniorized sets, they should simply don't
buy them.  I feel pretty confident that one can build nice town MOCs
from the parts selection available from other sets.

So where do I go if I want to build in Town?  Lego gives me two options: Junior
or back to Duplo.  Fact is, today there is no intermediate stage between Duplo
and Town System.  There is no Duplo-Junior-System range.  All we have is Duplo
and Duplo Sr., or, if you like, Town Junior and Town Infant.  I don't like
juniorized sets, and I don't buy them.  My beef is that I can't buy non-
juniorized Town sets.

james