 General / 28264
Re: Clarification, and another point
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 00:34:20 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Simmons writes:

Besides, IMHO, TLG solved this problem in a much better way in the older
instruction booklets.  They simply placed a white border around the pieces
that had been added in that step.  Or they would put the piece in a window
with an arrow pointing to where it should go.  I think both James Simpson
and Mark Nelson Jr. mentioned this in their posts.  Both methods are
graphic, non-verbal cues that are very easy to interpret.  Why change this?
It worked great for years.

They still use this technique in big technic sets (not that there's many new
ones of those) like the 8448. It helps a lot in these models.

ROSCO