 General / 28632
Re: TLG and "Seeding"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 12:48:36 GMT

On Sun, 11 Mar 2001, Jason J. Railton (<GA16vs.2CB@lugnet.com>) wrote at
11:35:52

My next point, is have you noticed that Lego are starting to do this with
individual sets?  Look at any current minifig theme set, and you'll find
little duplication of elements in different colours.  It's rare you'll find
bricks or plates of the same size in two different colours.  This again
makes it less likely for a young builder to make mistakes.  It must be
pretty hard to design a set that can have an inventory like this.

This is quite an interesting point, and perhaps another explanation for
the proliferation of POOPs. If you've already used a black 2x4, and you
need a stack of yellow ones, make the yellow stack into a different
part.

Dunno if this stacks up (!) in practice, as I don't own any of these
sets. Nice theory, though.
--
Tony Priestman