 General / 28237
Re: TLG and "Seeding"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 19:36:59 GMT

"James Simpson" <jsimpson@rice.edu> writes:

I'd say that comparing 6407 to 672 is comparing 2 sets that were
marketed to the same demographic group a generation apart.

I would be a fool to say I know this for sure, but I would say that
Town Jr is marketed to kids younger than the 672 was, while some of
the other playthemes (such as Req-Q and Ninjas and what not) are
marketed towards roughly the same age bracket as 672.

All things being equal, the newer set is less satisfactory because
it does not make good use of two-decades worth of development and
craft in designing a model.

Yes, I wholeheartedly agree.  But I'd say that all things are not
equal in this case.

So where do I go if I want to build in Town?

With the parts selection available from other themes and the bulk and
service packs, can you not build some town MOCs?  I don't know, as I'm
not into town myself.  But after all, LEGO is a pretty versatile toy,
so I would find it plausible that it is possible to build some town
MOCs from this source.

My beef is that I can't buy non- juniorized Town sets.

Yes, this seems to be correct.  There does not appear to be any
non-juniorized Town sets to buy at the moment.

Fredrik