 General / 28241
Re: TLG and "Seeding"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 19:55:16 GMT

In lugnet.general, James Simpson writes:

On Lugnet it
sometimes seems that one risks being branded an insensitive blow-hard for mere
criticism of the company.  I appreciate what the company has done with SW and
bulk bricks.  I love the company, I spend money on the company's product, but
I'm not going to sing the company fight-song just yet.

Well spoken, James.

Clearly I support LEGO in that I buy their product.  If I *truly* wanted to
bash TLC, I would simply cease to buy any modern LEGO set... an option that I
would find frighteningly easy to excercise.  My LEGO budget can easily be spent
buying secondhand sets online, and LEGO would cease to see any money coming
from me.

Quite on the contrary, I buy their products and wish them well.  If I have a
negative thing to say here and there about their policies and practices, I
will.  If that means some folks feel like I'm "bashing" them, well, that's not
going to phase me or deter me from expressing my opinion.

eric