 Off-Topic / Debate / 10463
Re: What makes a cool kid cool? (can this get any more blue-sky and ridiculous?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2001 00:55:31 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Todd Lehman writes:
So you agree then that what TLG is doing with the name "Cool Kids" is
potentially damaging?

I do agree with you that the label is potentially damaging.

But then, a lot of things are potentially damaging.

This one may be small beer, compared to some other stuff. I imagine there
are some (in the viewing audience, at TLC, etc...) that are not sure it
justifies the level of scrutiny (or rhetoric) you're giving it.

But then, we both do love to strain at gnats and swallow camels, so carry on...

I agree with you also that this particular discussion shouldn't be viewed as
a debate so much as an exploration of the issues. But I suspect a number of
participants have posted things that have moved it in the debate direction.

++Lar