 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2509
Re: A new area of LEGO.com: the Build section
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 00:43:56 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Tomas Clark writes:
No, it means that Tomas Clark recognizes that it's an issuefor some
people and one that is frequently discussed on Lugnet. [...] Please
resist natural urge to blow minor references out of proportion.

(Smile)  OK, when you post using an @lego.com email address and with your
official LEGO title (e.g., Producer, LEGO Direct) in your sig, you are
actually speaking for LEGO; anything you say without a personal disclaimer
is understood to be The Official Word -- straight from the horse's mouth.

Since you did post in an official capacity to an official announcements
newsgroup with no personal disclaimer, I don't think anything was blown out
of proportion, do you?  Additionally, my question was a serious question.

If you have opinions that happen to be your own and yours only (i.e., not
the official company line), most places ask their employees to include a
disclaimer of some sort to avoid any possible source of confusion.

So, more to the point, saying "...won't engage in debate about issues like
juniorization" in an official company post is, absent a personal disclaimer,
official acknowledgement from LEGO that juniorization is an issue and
something that LEGO is becoming self-conscious about.

Anyway, thanks for the clarification.  (And we'll let you off the hook this
time.  :-)

--Todd