 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2536
Re: What makes a cool kid cool? (was: Re: A new area of LEGO.com: the Build section)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 15:26:21 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Todd Lehman writes:
I think it's the special-kid/not-special-kid aspect that rubs me the wrong
way rather than the precise meaning of the word "cool."

But ther *are* special kids!  My parents told me I was special
when I was a kid.  Of course every parent should do that from time
to time because all kids are special and amazing in their own way.
Wether it's a parent, LEGO or their friends, eventually each one of us
figures out what makes us special.

As for not being special, I'm not a parent but I would think this kind of thing
happens every day. "I wasn't chosen for the team" "suzie said I was ugly"
"John has way more LEGO than I do".  Hey, that's life and good parents
show their kids how to deal with it constructively.  Not being in the
"special kids" section of a website is probably much less psycologically
damaging and harmful as observing their parents drive home from soccer
practice.

KL