 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2516
Re: A new area of LEGO.com: the Build section
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 20:15:32 GMT

Tomas Clark wrote:

hanks to everyone for the positive comments! Here are
some answers to various people's questions:

<snip>
In lugnet.lego.direct, Rose Regner writes:
Where did you get the time capsule model photos? Are they
old stock or new photos taken for the web site. Any
interactive picture would really add a lot.

The photos for the Time Capsule came from the historical
archives in Billund. We've been looking into taking new
(non-interactive) photos but obviously that's a bit more
work. What were you thinking as an "interactive picture"?
Something you can click on to get a new visual, like
rotating a model or seeing the box flap move, something
like that?

Did anyone notice the modeling clay holding up the tailwing of the
Spirit of St. Louis?  I guess that gave the photographer a better
picture-taking angle.

I've heard rumors that LEGO has a historical museum of every set ever
produced in Billund somewhere.  Can anyone confirm or deny these
rumors?  Is it a museum of built-up sets, or are the sets still in their
boxes?  Are multiple copies of some or all sets kept for archiving
purposes?

I would love to see more "Time Capsule" type pictures.  And of course, I
would love to see sets like the Thatcher Perkins re-released (at least
those wheel sets).

Another thing I would love to see (although I highly doubt this will
happen) is pictures of sets that were completed but NOT released :)  I'm
sure there are several sets that just about made it to market, but were
withdrawn for one reason or another.  If nothing else, LEGO could
package these pictures as an "idea book" :) :)

Great job on the build section in general...I think it's my favorite
part of lego.com :)

--
Thomas Main
main@appstate.edu