 Off-Topic / Debate / 10462
Re: What makes a cool kid cool? (can this get any more blue-sky and ridiculous?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 13 May 2001 22:43:01 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tom Stangl writes:
Read?  [...] Do you have to READ something somewhere to make it true?  [...]

I meant where did you read it as in what brought you to that conclusion?

I'm intrigued by your viewpoint because in my experience with people it
isn't the case.

I've met my share of embittered adults, but I've always assumed they started
down that path at an early age.

Pot.  Kettle.  Black.

If it was called "Cool AFOLs" then I would agree with you.

Ohhhhhh, Okkkkk.  So saying "this site created by these guys is cooler than
YOUR site" isn't doing any damage, because it's about the site.

I believe there's a large perceptual difference.

No, it's got nothing to do with the people that created the site (I certainly
haven't run into any AI sites that write themselves).

I haven't seen any either (not that I know about, anyway! :-).  That would
sure be cool, though!

Todd, you lost this battle before you started.

Battle?  I'm still trying to figure out how this turned into a debate.

You're holding TLG to a standard that you ignore yourself, no matter how fine
YOU seem to want to split hairs to get away with it.

So you agree then that what TLG is doing with the name "Cool Kids" is
potentially damaging?

--Todd