 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2436
Re: A new area of LEGO.com: the Build section
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sun, 6 May 2001 11:56:30 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Chris Gray writes:

Hmm. I've always had Stylesheets turned on, since, as far as I know, they
are not a security problem. I tried visiting the same page with them
turned off and it is indeed different. The main problem that I see is
the darkness of the background (especially the "BUILD" blocks), with
the small black text on top of it.

However, thanks for looking into it. You were right about the Netscape
version, however - its 4.72 on X on Linux.

Your snapshot
http://www.graysage.com/cg/snapshot.gif

It HAS to be somehow related to browser version. Using IE 5.5 on Win 2000 I
don't see anything like your snapshot. I only see the blue background once
on the title bar. The rest of the page has a white background. In your
snapshot you can even see where the image ends and a repeat of it starts...

I am wondering if your browser is not honoring the "background-repeat:
no-repeat" setting in this style sheet (from a view source of the page)

    <!--
      body {
         background-color: #FFFFFF; background-image:
url(/images/build/bgr770x074buildnav.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat}
    -->

because that image IS the background that is repeating for you (go here:
http://www.lego.com/images/build/bgr770x074buildnav.gif to see the image
just one time)

I'm sure Tomas already knows this and so do you, but just in case other
readers are curious (I was... I am trying to learn embedded style sheets at
the moment)...

++Lar

++Lar