 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2427
Re: A new area of LEGO.com: the Build section
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sat, 5 May 2001 18:48:15 GMT

That's actually a stylesheet problem, not a javascript one. It looks like
you're using some version of Netsacape 4 for X. Which I happen to be using at
the moment too, so I can tell you exactly what to do: select Preferences under
the Edit menu, go to the Advanced tab, turn Stylesheets on. Stylesheets don't
get misused very much, Netscape has pretty solid support, and they make
LEGO.com look much nicer, so I can recommend that with good conscience.

It's generic CSS1, part of the official W3C standard, but it shouldn't break
like that if you don't have stylesheets turned on. Thanks for finding that bug,
we should be able to fix it some time soon.

Tomas Clark
Producer, LEGO Direct

In lugnet.lego.direct, Chris Gray writes:
"Tomas Clark" <tomas.clark@america.lego.com> writes:

  * the history of the 8448 Super Car and many of the Technic cars that it
evolved from

Looked like it would be quite interesting. So, I enabled cookies and went
for a look. I gave up after 30 seconds, however - tiny black letters on
a fairly dark background made it extremely difficult to read. Perhaps
your page designers haven't tried the page with Netscape (with Javascript
disabled)?

For any curious, I took a snapshot:

http://www.graysage.com/cg/snapshot.gif