 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2483
2482  |  2484
Subject:
What makes a cool kid cool? (was: Re: A new area of LEGO.com: the Build section)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2001 17:41:31 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Tomas Clark writes:
[...]
LEGO.com is split into many different areas -- there's Shop at Home online,
of course, and sites for all the different product lines. We also have
sections that cut across many product lines, like Play and Learn (for
parents of young kids), Cool Kids (profiles of amazing kids),

Does the "Cool Kids" section profile only the amazing kids or does it also
profile the average or below-average kid?

What makes one kid more amazing or cool than another?  I thought LEGO was
about using your imagination and creativity and not about being cool or
amazing.

I guess my question is:  Does this section of your site tell viewers that
the creations kids build are cool and amazing or does it tell them that the
kids themselves are cool and amazing for having done such cool stuff?

Did you consult with a child psychologist before naming the "Cool Kids"
section?

--Todd