 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2448
Re: A new area of LEGO.com: the Build section
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2001 06:31:53 GMT

WOW! This is Fantastic! It's exactly what I've wished
the lego.com site would be!  Excellent work!

I love the interview with part designer; please continue
this series, and try to go into more detail on why parts
fit together in different ways and why/how certain color
themes were picked. (I understand you don't go into too much
engineering detail due to the target age range.)

The "flashback" feature is very nice to see.  I'm hoping
for a flashback to classic space and the emergence of all
the new little parts that came out at that time.  The other
noteworthy breakthrough in architecture came when the castle
series released the forestmen, with a lot of 1x3 plates and
hinge bricks. (In other words, don't focus only on the
technic and model team themes).

Please keep up the good work.

-gyug

In lugnet.lego.direct, Tomas Clark writes:
As some of you have already noticed, we recently launched a new section of
LEGO.com:

http://www.lego.com/build/

Since the Build section has some content that might be of interest to
Lugnetters and AFOLs in general -- and will hopefully have more in the
future -- I thought I'd post an announcement about what the Build section is
and what we're trying to do with it.