 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2515
Re: What makes a cool kid cool? (was: Re: A new area of LEGO.com: the Build section)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 17:25:48 GMT

Kevin Loch wrote in message ...

I can see a problem with the specific word "cool" (if it means the • same
thing today that it did 20 years ago).  I certainly was not "cool" • when
I was 8, but that meaning does not fit the context of the LEGO page.
The page doesn't give any indication that the featured persons are
more socially desirable to their peers.

I suspect (though I don't know*) that giving an alternative
interpretation to "cool" was part of the intent. (Actually kids around
here don't say "cool" now: they say "Sweeet!" instead). Get them while
they are still Lego age and make 'em think that "cool" means helping
animals, building neat stuff, going to faraway places..... instead of
hanging out at the mall, smoking, and drinking.

Nice try, though not likely to work except on those who would be
interested in the "constructive" stuff anyway.

Kevin
-
Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com
Brickbay Lego parts store: http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=Kevinw1