 Trains / *24069 (-100)
  Re: New MOC: 4-8-4 Northern

(...) expansion links but they weren't strong enough, so I reverted to what you see and fixed the motion in forward gear. (...) I wish I had a digital camera to make explaining this easier! I haven't put cranks on my Northern chassis yet, so the (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest PDX 2004 - some serious train builders are going...

(...) Any chance you could find room for a loop to accomodate a (URL) 10 wide tram>? ROSCO (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  BrickFest PDX 2004 - some serious train builders are going...

Hi Fellow Train-heads, At BrickFest PDX 2004 there is going to be a who's who of train builders! (foot in mouth list...) Holger Matthes and Ben Beneke(FGLTC) from Germany, James Mathis, (Mr 8 Wide) John Neal(TCLTC), John Gerlach(GMLTC), Rob (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Brickfest PDX train display - call for contributers

(...) I'll just ask that you keep a loop or two "8-wide compatible", for those of us bringing 8-wide trains & rolling stock. Otherwise, I'll just plan on running my 'Challenger' and wiping out anything too close to the track... ;-) JohnG, GMLTC (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rail ferry 12v

(...) Hi Niels! You are absolutely right! I accidently turned around the middle cars when I had to put the train togther for the photos.:) The real rail deck was blue like you remember, so thats why I used the blue traks. Henrik (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: It's why we're all here...

(...) My mistake - it was 21st February, so 10 days and one month to the bicentenary of the first steam locomotive. Funnily enough, that's exactly the day the NBLTC is putting on a display at the (URL) museum in Swindon... Jason Railton (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  I need your help!

Hi all, When the first version of the LEGO Train Poster was released, someone asked: "Where's the stickers?". He was right of course. But I want(ed) to do as much as possible in POV-Ray and not Photoshop things. Since then I experimented with (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rail ferry 12v

(...) Ehm, aren't the middle cars of that red and white IC/4 turned around? I remember these trains with the doors next to eachother between car 1 and 2 and between car 3 and 4. (...) While I discovered Danmark a bit too late to sail this ferry (I (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rail ferry 12v

Henrik- Every now and again a really special LEGO creation comes along that is totally different. Your railroad ferry is stellar example! It is totally spectacular. We rode a giant ocean going ferry from Denmark to Germany (and back) the first time (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Brickfest PDX train display - call for contributers

Can't wait for Brickfest PDX to get here. If you haven't signed up yet, now is your chance. Sign up at: (URL) organizing the train layout that will be at the event. If you'll be there and would like to contribute to the layout, send me an email. The (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: GFLTC at 4 shows last Dec 2003 - Images and more...

(...) This is a standard 'feature' of the GMLTC layout. If someone brings their Lego train, we'll run it! We've found it's a great way to bring a huge smile to the kid's face, and their parents always like it too. Great work as always, GFLTC! JohnG, (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.gflug, FTX)

  Re: GFLTC at 4 shows last Dec 2003 - Images and more...

(...) Thanks Larry, The kids area was really no big deal, First off my mother was not to happy to see me leave town for the holidays. So I talk her into coming along, she was great with the kids area. Second, I put to use what I call “K-8 senior” (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.gflug, FTX)

  Re: GFLTC at 4 shows last Dec 2003 - Images and more...

(...) Thanks James, I used the same packing, transport and setup system, I used at the GATS JAX/SER NMRA Shows. It worked out well, but next time I hope to have a trailer:) Robin W (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.gflug, FTX)

  Re: an 'improved' coupler design

(...) Ah yes, but thats cheating ;) that one isnt set 7862 (it isnt even 12V track there..) Esger (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  It's why we're all here...

I feel a bit of a fraud building the (2 URLs) Rocket> first, so here's something to set the record straight. Also, it's appropriate since 2004 is the bicentenary of the invention of the steam locomotive. The very first self-propelled railway engine (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Specification of LEGO tracks

(...) Pictures with measures on it can be found at : (URL) (after moderation) Measures are in LDU, one LDU = 0,4mm Regards, Ludo (21 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: an 'improved' coupler design

(...) Here's one: (URL) C. (21 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GFLTC at 4 shows last Dec 2003 - Images and more...

In lugnet.announce, Robin Werner wrote: I'm with JT. Very impressive! That's a lot of shows for only one month given the size of your club... MichLUG/LTC may have actually squeezed out one or two more than that lately (well, if we can count Nov 30th (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.gflug, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: 4-8-4 Northern

"Shaun Sullivan" <shaun_sullivan@irco.com> wrote in message news:HqzEv5.1F6M@lugnet.com... (...) you (...) with (...) month (...) I, Joe Comeau, here do by attest that Shaun's 4-8-4 Northern started off as boooorriiiiiing. But, damn, it's come a (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GFLTC at 4 shows last Dec 2003 - Images and more...

(...) Wow! You guys were busy for sure. And I'm amazed that you put out such a elborate layout in Pensacola going solo, most excelent! jt (21 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.gflug, FTX)

  Re: Rail ferry 12v

(...) Not Henrik, but I can answer it too. Yes M/F Dronning Ingrid (Motor-Ferry Queen Ingrid) and its two sister ships M/F Prins Joachim (Prince Joachim) and M/F Kronprins Frederik (Chrownprince Frederik) was sailing on the route between Funen and (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  GFLTC at 4 shows last Dec 2003 - Images and more...

Wow! That was a December to remember... The Greater Florida LEGO Train Club (GFLTC) survived a train show filled December and here are some images to prove it. All of the shows were great fun and featured numerous MOCs and display methods. Seasonal (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.gflug, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.trains.org, FTX) !

  Re: an 'improved' coupler design

(...) Well, in my experience they dont actually "work", they just "try" ;) but (from head) the principle is that when activated by a "switchmotor" a mechanism rises that will push/slide the magnets off each other by colliding with the little poles (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rail ferry 12v

(...) Just the suspension bridge and it's approaches (eleven miles round trip) from Zealand to an island in the middle of the Great Belt waterway. There's also a West Bridge from that island to Funen of nearly equal length, but was not the focus of (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Didja Notice??

(...) Oh, that's an old one. Weren't there two versions of this part, too? I know someone here's got two sets of instructions for one of these models (the Crocodile I think), that show a slight difference where the cab is put on. Jason Railton (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rail ferry 12v

(...) Whoa, are you saying that you walked this bridge three times (a lot of walking) or that it took three days to walk the whole bridge (REALLY a lot of walking!) Either way more than I'd want to do! (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rail ferry 12v

(...) Hi Henrik, That is a real great model there... Thank you for sharing! Can’t wait to see more... Oh one little thing, that Santa Fe looks very familiar:)? Where did you get the idea for that one;) Great work, Robin W GFLTC (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rail ferry 12v

(...) Greetings Henrik, Nicely done rail ferry! Thank you for sharing your talents. Couldn't help but wonder - was this rail ferry replaced by the Great Belt Fixed Link (Storebælt) between Funen and Zealand? I had the opportunity to be in Denmark in (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Virtual train poster

Being a regular visitor to digitalbricks.nl, I thought I might try to model the stock that I currently have built in MLCad and attempt a modest poster of my own. The result is at (URL) used MLCad, LP3AddOn,Lsynth, Pov Ray, and The Gimp to generate (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Specification of LEGO tracks

(...) Hi Jan: I'm also developing an application for trackplans, only for the PC: (URL) Track Designer is another PC application that has LEGO track models: (URL) are a number of LEGO train-systems. They include: - 4.5V or 12V / gray or blue (no (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Specification of LEGO tracks

(...) I don't have the information, but I cross-posted this response to lugnet.trains in an attempt to give you access to an audience that also might be likely to have an answer. --Travis Cobbs (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rail ferry 12v

(...) Very nice - beautiful work! I am looking forward to seeing some more of your creations already. It is always fun to see someone new come out of lurking with stuff like this - and for every one who finally posts, how many others never do? (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rail ferry 12v

(...) Gee, I don't know... It looks a little small ;) Just kidding! That looks great! Do you have a special place to display that model? I know I couldn't find a place in my apartment to display a model like that, but a model like that can't be (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Didja Notice??

(...) Could you have been hoping for the return of the train front from the Load N' Haul Railroad and Crocodile Engine? (URL) what I mistook it for when I first saw it. Thug (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: rail ferry

(...) Well thank goodness you got one. That's truly an amazing model, thanks for the extra pics! That prototype photo (with the bow just barely not quite all the way lowered) shows what a good job of selective compression you did! I note that all of (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  rail ferry

Hello! Thank you very much for the nice reactions to my ferry! I have put up a few more pics on brickshelf where you can see the danish trains better. ( I agree that the santa fe diesel must feel a little lonely in this company!:-) (URL) The round (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: 4-8-4 Northern

(...) Hi Mark, Thanks for the feedback! I finally tracked down some photos of your trains. With respect to the Walchaert's gear, are you referring to the following? (URL) having a tough time pictureing your description ... do you have a link to a (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: IndyLUG shows at GATS, January 3-4

(...) Nots of nice touches/models. I like the plow: (URL) don't see those very often. (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Rail ferry 12v

(...) The wait for pics was worth it! (...) I have to agree with Arne, this is a very very detailed and eye-candy rich model! In addition to all the stuff about the ferry itself to like, I like that you did the red/white Danish passenger train as (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rail ferry 12v

(...) As someone who has sailed countless times with this ferry, I must say that the likeliness is truly amazing. I especially like the sundeck: (URL) favorite place to stay on the 1 hour long trip, even in bad weather. A fantastic model, Henrik!! (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  rail ferry 12v

Hi again. Here are a few deep links until the folder gets public: (3 URLs) hope it works! Henrik (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: IndyLUG shows at GATS, January 3-4

(...) More pictures at: (URL) mark (21 years ago, 8-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: 4-8-4 Northern

(...) Excellent model - you're a man after my own heart! Great to see someone else building to 8mm:1ft scale or thereabouts! (...) Could you try adding Walschaert's valve gear, as I did with my British Class 9F 2-10-0 and LMS Garratt 2-6-0+0-6-2? (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Rail ferry 12v

(...) Can you post a deep link or two?(1) I'm itching to see this but the folder's not public yet. This is one of those times when even though you know Kevin's a volunteer and you can't complain about how long moderation of the folder takes, you (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Matt's Roller Coaster is Back!

I will be showing my roller coaster one last time at (URL) PDX> this February. If you want to see it in action, come to this event, because it will be taken apart afterwards (unless someone decides they want to own it for themselves, of course). See (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, lugnet.loc.us.id, lugnet.loc.us.ca, FTX) !!

  Re: Didja Notice??

(...) You can also pick it up in orange from the Junior Tow Truck. (URL) Siver tank segments too. It's $3.99 at the local Target right now. Thug (21 years ago, 9-Jan-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Rail ferry 12v

Hello! This is my first post here on lugnet. I have built a model of a Danish Rail Ferry which was sailing until 1998 and is now a hospital ship in south Africa. The ferry has 4 tracks, a front that opens with a 9 v motor, a radar which is driven by (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: New MOC: 4-8-4 Northern

(...) snippage Yeah know, I'm not much of a train person, but WOW! I love your work Shaun. You amaze me. It's more like sculptures on a train track than anything :) -Anne (21 years ago, 8-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Signing out (for a year or so)

(...) Noticed some of it on BR a few days ago Really great pictures and layout, especially the mountains! this is my faivourite picture: (URL) (21 years ago, 7-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  New MOC - DB BR39 Mikado 2-8-2

I finally got some time over Christmas to put some bricks together, something I've been meaning to do since I saw some of Ben Beneke's fabulous creations about 2 years ago. I'm fortunate that my old Lego collection contains the large red wheels from (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: 4-8-4 Northern

(...) Shaun, that thing's huge! Lovely detailing though. For dry ice, how about fitting a pneumatic pump inside, piped through a pneumatic directional brick, to blow air up and over the dry ice. You may be able to get the fog to blow upwards. As an (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: an 'improved' coupler design

(...) Check out LeeValley.com They are a woodworking supply store and they deal with high end goods. They have an umconditional 3 month return policy and they are great to deal with. You can order on line and browse in Canadian or US dollars. Check (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: 4-8-4 Northern

(...) Snip. Shawn... you have done it again! I love how you always try to stick to real minifig scale and cover your MOCs with countless little details. About the dry ice: Isolating the dry ice with any material like felt or cotton should protect (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: an 'improved' coupler design

(...) I had not thought of that, so I went to 'froogle' and found these: (URL) sure look like the ones I have (and at a cheaper price that I paid, too!!) JohnG, GMLTC (21 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: an 'improved' coupler design

(...) Such magnets can usually be found in any electrical component supplier. UK residents can order them from maplin.co.uk (search the A-Z listing under magnets). They come in a range of sizes - 10mm diameter by 5mm depth should be about right and (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Signing out (for a year or so)

I shall be out of the loop for a year or so as I go about some travels. So first of all a big thanks to everyone out there in the LUGNET trains community for enticing me into all of this ... and an especially big thanks to the team at BeLUG and the (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advice wanted

(...) Have you tried fixing the plate to the boiler and allowing a second plate with tiles on top and the wheelset on bottom to slide beneath the boiler? Chris (21 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: an 'improved' coupler design

(...) I have absolutely NO idea what their original purpose was! The store is a "surplus store", that sells odds & ends - you never really know what you're going to find there. I'm going to pick up several dozen of them this week (for someone who (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Didja Notice??

(...) I'm confused here by the referents in your sentence. I thought the canopy/nose from the TT set was the metroliner canopy/nose but in grey (it was also used in white in an aquazone set)... the fireboat canopy/windshield looks to me like the one (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New NYC Subway car!

(...) Well, it is a licensed line and we will be paying a premium, so we can hope we'll get our money's worth. Then again, they might have done a purple prototype, taken a picture, then thought no, we can make a few quid more by dumping the blue (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Didja Notice??

(...) Ah, now I see what you mean. They used those in the Time Twisters too. You can already get two of these hinged canopies in red in the Spider-Man cable-car set <set:4852> "The Final Showdown". I'm also curious as to whether the "Octan" logo on (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: an 'improved' coupler design

Hello John. I could even imagine replacing some of the original magnets in some of my couplers, provided I can find magnets that I can mechanically fit into the LEGO plastic ring. It would also be an interesting experiment, whether the 12V (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Didja Notice??

(...) Not sure but you may be thinking about the metroliner windshield, (URL) which made a comeback with the metroliner legend release. I don't think I've seen it in red though - that would lead to more possibilities. But I think the windshield from (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Didja Notice??

I do believe you're right about the windscreen being Jack Stone. Now that I look closer, there appears to be a click-hinge arrangement on the roof. Oh well, it's still may be useful. However, there is train windscreen that resembles this piece that (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New NYC Subway car!

(...) I would think its Blue. I doubt they would do a run of violet windows when they have gobs of blue. But since when have Lego made sense. :) Mike (21 years ago, 6-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Advice wanted

I want to put some boiler stays in, as below (URL) However the front footplate moves in comparison to the boiler (to go round Lego corners/curves) meaning they need movement. There three options I can think of: 1 mount a rigid rod on a turntable at (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: IndyLUG at GATS - Addendum

In lugnet.org.us.indylug, David Gregory wrote: <snip> Our layout wasn't much different from the one we set up for the October GATS (...) The layout was actually quite different in a number of ways. Additional detailing was done by many of the club (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New NYC Subway car!

(...) pic of Hogwarts Express: (URL) I was pretty disappointed when I saw that. Same train, new (smaller) station, $10 (US) cheaper. Oh well. The rumor was that this would be a 9V compliant Hogwarts Express but the picture still shows the 2x2 spoked (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New NYC Subway car!

(...) The Knight Bus in the movie should be purple. Some have been spotted during filming around London: (URL) here's hoping. The train windows make for good London bus windows. I'll certainly be after one of these. Does anyone know of a livery that (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New NYC Subway car!

Regardless, it still look sloppy to me. "Erik Olson" <erik@olson.pair.com> wrote in message news:Hr04LM.1Gtt@lugnet.com... (...) way (...) like (...) operator (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Didja Notice??

(...) Err - are you sure? I can't see a train windscreen anywhere. It looks to me like the windscreen on the big boat is a 'Jack Stone' hinged cab piece. Is there something else not visible from that angle? Anyway, the proper train windscreen was (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  IndyLUG shows at GATS, January 3-4

The Indianapolis area LEGO Club (IndyLUG) once again set up a train layout at the Great American Train Show. As you can see from the picture below, IndyLUG won second place. (URL) Our layout wasn't much different from the one we set up for the (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New NYC Subway car!

(...) It's not a gap, NYC subway cars do have a narrow window there for the operator to lean his head out of. I thought it was a neat little outcome. (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: an 'improved' coupler design

(...) Neat find. Thanks for sharing. I am thinking that judicious use of these would allow very very long trains to be run. (...) I hope you do! (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New NYC Subway car!

(...) Hi All, Unfortunatly the train car is only 18 studs long (notice the small step in the front and back of train car) and it uses the small train wheeles and does not come with any 9v track. Again, unfortunatly, the train car does not have any (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New NYC Subway car!

(...) I wonder what the inside will look like, probably nothing too fancy since it's a 16 stud long train... (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New NYC Subway car!

Josh, Thanks for pointing these new sets. I really hope these are preliminary shots and not the final sets. The way the end windows match the side windows is really poor. Using the 1x2x2 "airplane" windows results in a gap on the side of the car. (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: an 'improved' coupler design

(...) Yep. I've done it before. It even works with a regular Lego magnet in between the two, because then it is a "more powerful" magnet force holding the two cars together. Works well with the engine to first car magnet- if you needed more than (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Didja Notice??

I noticed it, and the first thing that struck me after I carefully scanned the picture for new pieces and stuff was the fact that almost all the decals in the photo are crooked. I've seen this kind of thing before and I've always wondered: Who (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: an 'improved' coupler design

YEESH! Looking good guys! (URL) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New 2004 Sets!

~Jus' two more things: (URL) anyone get a good look @ the 'dark-cloaked' figure in the background between the train and the minifig on the right…nice! (URL) and here’s yet another set with a train in it that shows TLG’s commitment to the Rail-heads (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2004, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New NYC Subway car!

(...) Not rumors anymore...two of the seven sets (Street Chase and Cafe Attack) appear to have Jack Stone-like characters. Luckily just those two. Doug (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  an 'improved' coupler design

Ever since the GMLTC became one of the first clubs to build our trains 8-wide, we've run into problems trying to run long trains. Simply, the LEGO magnets aren't strong enough! Try to pull several 8-wide cars around a 180degree corner, and we'd (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: 4-8-4 Northern

(...) Hiya Lyndsay! Great to hear from you ... in answer to your question, I'm not exactly sure. I only had it set up on a relatively small loop (exactly one dining-room-table in size), so I'd suspect it will have many of the same problems when it (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: 4-8-4 Northern

(...) Aw, man. That's really spiffy. And from experience with the Hudson, I know it looks even better in person than it does in photographs (black being the hard to photograph hue it is). Not to worry about the scale--the locomotive is a work of art (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New NYC Subway car!

(...) Looks like this piece: (URL) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: 4-8-4 Northern

(...) Hey Shaun, Sorry but I don't know of any software/freeware that will do that. Anyway...I wouldn't worry about the file being .mov (quicktime) because most people can veiw them (including me) so just put a link to the file so we can download (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: 4-8-4 Northern

(...) Hi Erik, I can certainly take some video files of the engine running ... unfortunately, my digital camera only captures them in .mov format. Is there a freeware program for converting from .mov (quicktime) to .mpg or .avi? Alternatively, does (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: 4-8-4 Northern

(...) Hi Mattias, The pins behind the smokestack are this piece, in black: (URL) To connect the wheels to the piston rods, the axles are extended slightly to each side, and attached to one end of these: (URL) The piston rods are then connected via (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  BrickTopia - Greed Square Train Station (MOC)

This is a new, Baroque-Styled train station for the "Greed Square" area of BrickTopia: (URL) is traditional, there is much corrupt behavior going on inside: (URL) BrickTopia Page: (URL) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.town)

  Re: New NYC Subway car!

(...) If you click the image it enlarges a bit. I have a feeling it uses the small train wheels like the (URL) just wait what the train guys have in store... Jeroen (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: 4-8-4 Northern

Hi again Shaun After studing the fantastic pictures in more detail I have two small qustions Just behind the main smokestack there are two pins standing up side by side, How are these made? How have you connected the piston rods to the wheels? (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New NYC Subway car!

(...) Some of the parts might have been cool if they wern't bley. It's sitting on 4.5V track hard to tell from the small pict what it would take to make it 9v compatible.-Ken (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New NYC Subway car!

(...) I'm leaning towards saying Dark Grey Train window, with, ummm BLACK glass? Maybe trans black? Measure it by eyesight, its 3 bricks tall, the opening matches a 1x2x3 train window... Josh (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New NYC Subway car!

(...) My thoughts were Plue, then I looked, then thought PURPLE! But its more reminicant of Violet really... Look at the SAD reissue of the Hogwarts express too;-) Josh (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New NYC Subway car!

(...) It's fully navigable from the main site, and in fact they're taking pre-orders based on the visible numbers and pictures. So it's a seller. Whether or not they're OK with TLC in using these pictures and taking pre-orders so far in advance is (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New NYC Subway car!

(...) Is that bus purple, or blue under funny color distortion? Even blue makes for a nifty model but purple (train?... they look train given the rounded corners) windows would get a lot of people quite excited I expect, even if it doesn't have (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New NYC Subway car!

(...) spidey sets. Are those pics OK to distribute? what's the provenance there? (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: 4-8-4 Northern

(...) I think a few of the Beta Testers have posted some pics. Here are a few links (2 URLs) Jason's Rocket> (2 URLs) my not nearly as good 1830 loco> (2 URLs) my totally cruddy 1920 electric> (2 URLs) John Gerlach's gorgeous Challenger> (...) Ah (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New NYC Subway car!

(...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact