 Trains / 22051
Re: an 'improved' coupler design
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 10:47:01 GMT

Hello John.

I could even imagine replacing some of the original magnets in some of my
couplers, provided I can find magnets that I can mechanically fit into the
LEGO plastic ring. It would also be an interesting experiment, whether the
12V decouplers still function with stronger couplings.

But then, I really have no idea where to shop for such magnets, so ...

I found some small magnets at a store near my house.
I might bring a bunch of them to Brickfest PDX

... can you share any idea what the original purpose of these magnets is,
which kind of stores usually sell them, and maybe who manufactures them? I'd
like to try your idea out with magnets I can buy nearby rather than sending
those specific ones around the globe ...

Gretings

Horst