 Trains / 22053
Re: New NYC Subway car!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 12:32:27 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Mike Kollross wrote:
My thoughts were Plue, then I looked, then thought PURPLE!  But its more
reminicant of Violet really...  Look at the SAD reissue of the Hogwarts express
too;-)
Josh

The Knight Bus in the movie should be purple.  Some have been spotted during
filming around London:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/pictures/galleries/newsid_2821000/2821417.stm

So here's hoping.  The train windows make for good London bus windows.  I'll
certainly be after one of these.

Does anyone know of a livery that used purple around the windows?  And is it too
late to change the script to tan?  ;-)

Jason Railton

I would think its Blue. I doubt they would do a run of violet windows when they
have gobs of blue.  But since when have Lego made sense.  :)

Mike

Well, it is a licensed line and we will be paying a premium, so we can hope
we'll get our money's worth.  Then again, they might have done a purple
prototype, taken a picture, then thought no, we can make a few quid more by
dumping the blue stock...  Hey, it's a new shade of purple for 2004!  We call it
"blue".

Seriously though, if they were scrimping on production runs for the Harry Potter
line, the Weasleys' car wouldn't have been the colour it was.

Some of those pictures actually look like they've experimented with pink skin
tones on minifigs, though it may just be dodgy colour reproduction.

I'm sure I remember seeing a preview of a purple speeder model from Star Wars
Episode 1 on Breakfast TV years ago, that never appeared.

We shall have to wait and see.  But, I can't imagine it going down well with
Harry Potter (movie) fans if it's the wrong colour (compared to the film,
anyway).

Jason Railton