 Trains / 22100
Re: Rail ferry 12v
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 08:35:14 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
I have to agree with Arne, this is a very very detailed and eye-candy rich
model! In addition to all the stuff about the ferry itself to like, I like that
you did the red/white Danish passenger train as well, although the diesel in
ATSF Warbonnet might be a bit far from home!

Ehm, aren't the middle cars of that red and white IC/4 turned around?
I remember these trains with the doors next to eachother between car 1 and 2 and
between car 3 and 4.

Why the blue 12v track though? just for ha's? Or was it because the turnout
spacing gives you narrower track centers?

While I discovered Danmark a bit too late to sail this ferry (I crossed the
great belt in 1998 by train through the tunnel and bridge), I did sail the rail
ferry between Roedby Faerge and Puttgarden (Germany). I remember the floors of
the rail/car decks be green or blue and thus I think Henrik used the blue track
to match the actual color the best.

Excelent model!

Niels