 Trains / 22087
Re: Rail ferry 12v
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 23:25:14 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Patrick S. O'Donnell wrote:

Greetings Henrik,

Nicely done rail ferry!  Thank you for sharing your talents.

Couldn't help but wonder - was this rail ferry replaced by the Great Belt Fixed
Link (Storebælt) between Funen and Zealand?

I had the opportunity to be in Denmark in June of 1998 during the time when it
was possible to walk across the East Bridge - the second longest suspension
bridge in the world.  I remember walking onto those ferries to get to the start
of the bridge walk each of the three days.  Then in the evening it was back onto
the ferry for the return trip.

Whoa, are you saying that you walked this bridge three times (a lot of walking)
or that it took three days to walk the whole bridge (REALLY a lot of walking!)

Either way more than I'd want to do!