 Trains / 22074
Re: Rail ferry 12v
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 12:02:39 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Arne Lykke Nielsen wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Henrik Thrane wrote:
Hello!
This is my first post here on lugnet. I have built a model of a Danish Rail
Ferry which was sailing until 1998 and is now a hospital ship in south Africa.

The wait for pics was worth it!

As someone who has sailed countless times with this ferry, I must say that the
likeliness is truly amazing.

I have to agree with Arne, this is a very very detailed and eye-candy rich
model! In addition to all the stuff about the ferry itself to like, I like that
you did the red/white Danish passenger train as well, although the diesel in
ATSF Warbonnet might be a bit far from home!

There are a LOT of clever touches in the model too, like the picket fence turned
backwards for mast steps (at least that's what I think it is) and too many
others to list.

Interesting use of selective compression on the two decks of passenger
accomodations, they're not quite high enough to accomodate figs I don't think
but you have to look twice to realise it.

I take it, this being ocean going, that this is a single ended ferry? Also what
are the white round things on racks? They almost look like depth charges but
maybe they are inflatable life rafts? That would explain the lack of lifeboats
(there are only a few)

Why the blue 12v track though? just for ha's? Or was it because the turnout
spacing gives you narrower track centers?

Thanks for sharing this, where have you been hiding Henrik?

Spotlighted.