 Trains / 22085
Re: Rail ferry 12v
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 21:15:29 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Henrik Thrane wrote:
Hello!
This is my first post here on lugnet. I have built a model of a Danish Rail
Ferry which was sailing until 1998 and is now a hospital ship in south Africa.
The ferry has 4 tracks, a front that opens with a 9 v motor, a radar which is
driven by a micromotor, 16 internal 12v lights + 2 9v spots on the front. Lastly
the backdoors opens by pneumatic povered by a build in copressor.
Please feel very welcome to give me suggestions or ideas!
Here are the pics: <http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=67405>
Hope you like it!

Henrik

Greetings Henrik,

Nicely done rail ferry!  Thank you for sharing your talents.

Couldn't help but wonder - was this rail ferry replaced by the Great Belt Fixed
Link (Storebælt) between Funen and Zealand?

I had the opportunity to be in Denmark in June of 1998 during the time when it
was possible to walk across the East Bridge - the second longest suspension
bridge in the world.  I remember walking onto those ferries to get to the start
of the bridge walk each of the three days.  Then in the evening it was back onto
the ferry for the return trip.

I know the Great Belt Fixed Link also handles rail traffic and was just curious
if your ferry was located near here.