 Trains / 22062
Re: New MOC: 4-8-4 Northern
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 18:37:11 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Shaun Sullivan wrote:
   Hi All,

Well, after at least 8 months of on-again off-again effort, I’ve finally finished up my 4-8-4 Northern Steam Engine:

The most amazing thing to me was the sheer size of the engine; I stayed true to a minifig-compatible scale of a little bit more than 1 foot per stud, and the resulting locomotive is a monstrosity! You can see a side-by-side comparison of it and my Hudson engine (which had been my largest engine):

Shaun, that thing’s huge! Lovely detailing though.

For dry ice, how about fitting a pneumatic pump inside, piped through a pneumatic directional brick, to blow air up and over the dry ice. You may be able to get the fog to blow upwards. As an added incentive, it would even puff as it went round!

Jason Railton

P.S. I’m not sure everyone realised that the picture is a clickable link to your gallery. I think you need to drop a bigger hint next time...